Read on to see how you can make your fitness resolutions fool proof this time…
Make your resolutions follow the SMART model: specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time-bound.
Ending a lifetime of habits can’t happen overnight.
- Write them down.
- Create a manageable step wise plan.
- Go gradual.
- Be realistic about your goals.
- Do a self check on your progress on a weekly basis.
- Reward yourself when you make progress. (Donuts are not counted).
- Identify triggers/obstacles.
- Hire an expert to guide you initially. This also keeps you in check.
- Surround yourself with those with similar goals.
- Before you get off track, go back to point 1… See why you started in the first place!
Remember to be forgiving if you have a slip up; we’re humans and are allowed to run out of steam every now and then. Results, however are self perpetuating and the only way to stay motivated is to be consistent, get those results that make you want to stay on track!