Guest article by Shwetha Bhatia
It's the RESOLUTIONS TIME of the year... once again! Read on to see how you can make your fitness resolutions fool proof this time...
Make your resolutions follow the SMART model: specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time-bound. Ending a lifetime of habits can’t happen overnight—even if that night is December 31.
- Write them down.
- Create a manageable step wise plan.
- Go gradual.
- Be realistic about your goals.
- Do a self check on your progress on a weekly basis.
- Reward yourself when you make progress. (Donuts are not counted).
- Identify triggers/obstacles.
- Hire an expert to guide you initially. This also keeps you in check.
- Surround yourself with those with similar goals.
- Before you get off track, go back to point 1... See why you started in the first place!
Shwetha Bhatia is a registered dietician with the Indian Dietetic Association. She runs her practice under the brand name “Metamorphosis’ in Mumbai. She is also a competitive fitness athlete (IBBF Bronze winner at the State & National Level 2015). She has also set up her own gym and nutrition counselling centre in Goa called Gym & Tonic. She’s also a columnist for the fitness magazine Krunch Today.